Inflammation Research Association Announces
Interactive Job Board Focused on Immunology and Inflammation Opportunities
Pfizer – Senior Scientist – Microscopy Histology
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
We are seeking a highly motivated and accomplished research scientist to join the Optical Microscopy Technology Center in Cambridge, MA. The primary responsibility of the scientist will be to innovate and to carry out discovery research studies that enable spatially-resolved genomics, transcriptomics and multiplexed immunofluorescent characterization of biological samples. The candidate will work closely with biologists and computational scientists to develop and implement state-of-the-art wet-bench methodologies, from in vivo models to primary tissues, in order to enable downstream processing, analysis and visualization of spatially-resolved datasets. The following critical attributes and skillsets are strongly desired:
- An innovative thinker, self-motivated, capable of taking initiatives and working independently as well as in the team setting, and goal-oriented applying a wide range of wet-bench and histology-based techniques, such as IHC, multiplex-IF, and ISH/smFISH with proven capability of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated track record in contemporary histology practices across a range of disease model systems, experience with molecular biology techniques related to in situ hybridization probe design and their application strongly preferred.
The candidate will also work in close collaboration with the NGS Technology Center to plan and coordinate experiments for examining tissues for cutting-edge spatial genomics/transcriptomics. They should be open-minded with a positive attitude, capable of operating in a dynamic environment, and possess strong communication skills as demonstrated by presentations and publications
- Reports to the Optical Microscopy Technology Center Lab Head within the Internal Medicine Research Unit of Pfizer Worldwide Research, Development and Medical.
- Make key contributions towards building the spatially resolved omics platform as an important component of the deep phenotyping initiative.
- Design and perform histological techniques for spatial transcriptomics and participate in its experimental design supporting various programs.
- Implement wet-bench and histology end-point based method developments to expand this capability across diverse, in vivo model systems and primary tissues.
- Develop optimization conditions and SOPs for spatial transcriptomics tissue samples.
- Interface with venders of tissue-providing reagents/kits applicable for spatial transcriptomic and other multiplexed labelled samples.
- Effectively organize and communicate processes, experimental results, and fit for purpose endpoints with biologist, computational biologists and related colleagues in both oral and written formats.
- Maintain, track, and present in both written and oral form scientific research and developments in spatial transcriptomics and contribute/participate in peer-reviewed manuscript submissions to scientific journals.
- Analyze, document and report high-quality laboratory data in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Cell or Molecular Biology, or a related field required with 3+ years of relevant experiences utilizing innovative disease model systems to solve biological problems, preferably in a pharmaceutical/biotech setting or comparable context in academia.
- Working experience in contemporary histology methods and preparations from diverse disease model systems and/or primary tissues is required.
- Working knowledge of in situ hybridization probe design and related methods and multiplex antibody labelling applied to tissues preferred.
- Working knowledge of scRNASeq and NGS related data types preferred.
- Note: A subset of listed technical skills are strongly desired.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
Incyte – Postdoctoral Fellow – Pharmaceutical approaches to target GvHD
Department: Inflammation & Autoimmunity
Location: Incyte Corporate Headquarters, Wilmington, Delaware
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value. The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Postdoctoral Fellow – Pharmaceutical approaches to target GvHD
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Incyte Postdoctoral research program. The successful candidate will work in a highly interactive organization and be part of the Inflammation and Autoimmunity (IAI) team working with a broader cross-functional team of dedicated scientists to study the potential of targeting novel pathways as a therapy against GvHD using pre-clinical models and clinical samples.
The candidate will be strongly encouraged to attend and present the results of the research at major (inter)national conferences and to publish in high impact peer-review journals. He/she will have the opportunity to collaborate with various group across the discovery organization (including pharmacology, antibody therapeutics and translational sciences) and gain insights in the drug discovery and development process.
The position is for a 2 year contract, with the possibility for extension for an additional year.
- Strong scientific background with a Ph.D. and up to 2 years of post-doctoral experience associated with a demonstrated track record of performing excellent science.
- A strong immunology background is required, with previous GvHD and/or autoimmunity strongly preferred.
- Ability to independently design, execute and interpret research. Working knowledge of flow cytometry, animal models, proteomics and in vitro/ex vivo cell based assay is required.
- The candidate will need to be a dynamic and innovative scientist possessing:
- the ability to balance execution of multiple tasks to accomplish predefine goals
- a high level of emotional intelligence and willingness to work closely and collaboratively with other functional groups both internal and external to the company
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Start your application at https://www.incyte.com/join-us/careers