ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Use the Microsoft Word file marked "Abstract Template" provided here by downloading it to your desktop. This file must be renamed in order to upload it for submission.
Abstract receipt notification will be emailed (please include email address on abstract form). Authors who are selected to present a slide presentation in one of the meeting's scientific symposia will be notified directly by the session chairperson by __________.
View examples of properly formatted Abstracts (Requires PDF reader):
Please follow ALL submission instructions for properly formatting the abstract:
- Your entire abstract, including title, author(s), address, text and acknowledgments, must fit within the box outlined (5 in. wide x 4.125 in. tall or 12.7 cm wide x 10.5 cm tall). Presenting author should be indicated with an asterisk ( * ) after his/her name. Please DO NOT add personal titles in the abstract (e.g., Dr., Mr., Ms., etc.).
- Your abstract should be of the informative type, containing: (a) A sentence statement of the study’s specific objectives (unless this is given by the title). Titles must be in Bold Text; (b) brief statement of methods, if pertinent; (c) a summary of the results obtained; (d) a statement of the conclusions. It is not satisfactory to state: “The results will be discussed.” Use short specific titles.
- Use the Times New Roman font, size 12, or equivalent.
- All compounds that are designated by code or initial letters must be identified adequately in the Abstract, e.g., MJ-199:4-(2-isopropylamino-1-hydroxyethyl) methanesulfonanilide hydrochloride.When using abbreviations for compounds, spell out in full at the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses (see sample abstract). Do not abbreviate compounds in the title of the abstract.
- Tables are permitted within this space.
- When saving your Word document for uploading, DO NOT INSERT ANY SPACES IN THE FILENAME.
- Proper filename - MyAbstract.doc
- Improper filename - My Abstract.doc
Important Information for Authors
All abstracts will be considered for oral presentation and/or poster session and will be reviewed by the symposia chairpersons. Authors of abstracts selected for presentation in the symposia will be notified directly by the session chairpersons. Authors agreeing to participate in the symposia will give an oral presentation (FASEB format – 10 minute presentations followed by 5 minutes for questions). Computer interface for Powerpoint presentation ONLY will be available.
How to Submit an Abstract