On behalf of the Officers and Board of Directors (2016–2018) of the Inflammation Research Association (IRA) I extend a warm welcome and ask for your support to this society!
For over 40 years, the IRA has had a mission to discover new therapies to treat a wide range of inflammatory diseases by bringing together academic, government, and pharmaceuticals scientists.
- Member of the International Association of Inflammation Societies (IAIS)
- Evenly split membership from academics AND industry
- Annual Regional meetings, 1-2 day conferences on focused topics
- Bi-annual International Conferences, multiple days covering range of inflammatory topics
- Supports World Congress on Inflammation every other year
- Extensive mentoring network
- Supportive of new researchers
- Non-profit organization
- Needs dedicated volunteers!
It was the IRA’s long history of combining both basic research AND drug development that first attracted me to the organization. Now having worked in the pharmaceutical business for over 20 years, I can attest to the fact that the IRA has provided the opportunities for me to remain on the cutting edge of the science in the broad field of inflammation. Equally important, the IRA has allowed me to build a valued and extensive network of friends and colleagues.
Lisa Schopf, Ph.D.
President, Inflammation Research Association