Inflammation Research Association Announces
Interactive Job Board Focused on Immunology and Inflammation Opportuniies
- Pfizer Inc. – Head of Immunometabolism Laboratory – Assoc. Research Fellow
- Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. – Associate Director
- Eurofins Pharma Discovery – Technical Director
Pfizer Inc.– Head of Immunometabolism Laboratory-Assoc. Research Fellow (1618210)
Leads a team of scientists in the field of Immunometabolism as it pertains to core Inflammation and Immunology (I&I) indications ensuring scientific excellence in the design, execution, analysis and interpretation of findings in the context of applied research.
- Provides inspirational and visible leadership, and responsiveness to others’ ideas regardless of source, within the research unit (RU) in terms of identifying and championing internally generated hypotheses, hypotheses generated through collaborations and through external partnering opportunities, through to delivery of high quality programs and platforms.
- Coaches and mentors RU scientists, to deliver high quality data and contribute to the discovering and developing new targets.
- Supports the exploratory effort in I&I to deliver the needed number and quality of assays, research platforms and new programs per year with high survival to proof of concept (POC) thus building an innovative portfolio of programs that will offer demonstrably better medicines for the treatment of diseases in the therapeutic area (TA) scope.
- Monitors external scientific landscape to ensure appropriate I&I investment.
- Delivers projects and assay platforms with clear cost- and time-bound plans. These projects will be ‘bought up’ in the unit once the plans are sufficiently developed and the rationale, including support from human studies, is strong enough to warrant further onward investment.
- Ensures data generation, analysis and retention is handled in a compliant manner ensuring the highest quality and integrity
- Models a culture which balances individual scientific excellence with efficient and effective delivery of portfolio goals
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas of I&I investment:
- Immune metabolism
- Immune suppression
- T cell and/or myeloid cell biology
- Accountable for the delivery of a required number and quality of new assays/platforms/programs per year, through advancement to aligned decision point ideas and substrate from any source inside and outside Pfizer.
- Provides inspirational leadership to the exploratory effort, personal scientific leadership, coaching, and by communicating strategy, progress on delivery, fate of post first-in-human candidates.
- Focuses all colleagues working on the exploratory portfolio on scientific quality, innovation and creating value and the importance of delivery.
- Supports exploratory group by effectively negotiating with partner line managers and communicating unit priorities.
- Influences the global external environment through thought leadership and visible and active engagement with key scientific opinion leaders including collaborative high profile publications.
- PhD, MD or MD/PhD preferred, or BA with equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience leading an independent academic or industry discovery research team with direct reports.
- Strong working knowledge of medical practice, diseases and biology relevant to the Inflammation and Immunology Research Unit.
- Knowledge of competitive landscape for therapeutic areas of interest to I&I.
- Relevant leadership experience in pharmaceutical R&D desired but not required.
- Strong desire to deliver exploratory platforms and programs that survive to proof of mechanism.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge, techniques, and skills to identify new drug targets.
- Strong record as a motivational leader with excellent communication skills.
- Recognized nationally and internationally as an emerging scientific leader.
- Experience of relevant areas of investment in I&I and of the most relevant pathological mechanisms a strong advantage.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
- This job is Pfizer/Exempt (US/PR) Grade:15
- Eligible for Relocation Package
PLEASE APPLY AT:
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide scientific leadership within the Immunopharmacology team and to interface with the Biology teams for the discovery of novel therapeutics for autoimmune diseases. Responsibilities will include shaping and influencing overall in vivo strategies in collaboration with discovery teams, leading a team of biologists in prosecuting project strategies and delivering high quality preclinical data packages to enable project progression. The Associate Director will also coach, mentor and manage people for performance and scientific growth. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads the analyses of highly complex scientific issues, establishes strategies and suggests actionable resolutions/decisions in a given program/project
- Identifies novel scenarios and nascent scientific /technical opportunities
- Track record of leading/managing complex research programs by effectively interfacing with various functional teams with in discovery and preclinical development (eg., Lead discovery, Formulations, DMPK, Preclinical Safety and Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology and Early Clinical Development) to advance drug candidates from concept to clinic.
- Designs and executes experimental plans, provides interpretation, troubleshoots and suggest next steps
- PhD in Immunology/Pharmacology with at least 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience with progressively advanced responsibilities is required; Post-doctoral training is preferred
- Experience leading/ advancing drug discovery programs in immune-mediated diseases is required
- A record of accomplishments evidenced by publications/patents is required
- Solid background in Immunology/ Pharmacology is required
- Broad understanding of autoimmune disease pathophysiology and mechanistic in vivo modeling is required
- Preclinical modeling of autoimmune disease is preferred
- Proven drug hunting experience and advancing projects from concept to clinic is required
Eurofins Pharma Discovery is looking to hire a Technical Director with expertise in inflammatory disease and development of in vitro and in vivo models for testing potential anti-inflammatory agents. This Subject Matter Expert will advise our clients and EPDS. We prefer the position to be based in the NE however the job will require country-wide and international travel. Click here for details.