Inflammation Research Association Announces
Interactive Job Board Focused on Immunology and Inflammation Opportuniies
- Homology Medicines – Director, Discovery Research – Immunology
- Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. – Associate Director
Location: Bedford, MA
The Director , Discovery Research will work in a project team environment. Internally, she or he will interface directly with multiple functional areas including preclinical research, bioinformatics and molecular genomics, target biology, and vector production. In addition, the successful candidate will be a hands-on scientist, actively driving projects in the laboratory. Externally, she or he will also liaison to external alliance partners, CROs, vendors, academics, and others.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Play active hands-on role in investigating the host immune response to our novel AAVHSC vectors (Elispot, neutralizing antibody assays, etc) employing a variety of modern molecular/cell biology techniques
- Develop and implement in vitro cell culture assays to assess AAVHSC-mediated
- Manage external project communications in order to provide up-to-date project information and documentation to the team.
- Company representative for management of programs at external CROs, academic centers, and research partners.
- PhD preferred, training in immunology is essential, background in viral gene therapy and AAV is preferred.
- Hands on experience in wide variety of molecular techniques including FACS, Elispot, ddPCR, qPCR techniques, tissue culture etc.
Senior Staffing Consultant
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide scientific leadership within the Immunopharmacology team and to interface with the Biology teams for the discovery of novel therapeutics for autoimmune diseases. Responsibilities will include shaping and influencing overall in vivo strategies in collaboration with discovery teams, leading a team of biologists in prosecuting project strategies and delivering high quality preclinical data packages to enable project progression. The Associate Director will also coach, mentor and manage people for performance and scientific growth. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads the analyses of highly complex scientific issues, establishes strategies and suggests actionable resolutions/decisions in a given program/project
- Identifies novel scenarios and nascent scientific /technical opportunities
- Track record of leading/managing complex research programs by effectively interfacing with various functional teams with in discovery and preclinical development (eg., Lead discovery, Formulations, DMPK, Preclinical Safety and Toxicology, Clinical Pharmacology and Early Clinical Development) to advance drug candidates from concept to clinic.
- Designs and executes experimental plans, provides interpretation, troubleshoots and suggest next steps
- PhD in Immunology/Pharmacology with at least 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience with progressively advanced responsibilities is required; Post-doctoral training is preferred
- Experience leading/ advancing drug discovery programs in immune-mediated diseases is required
- A record of accomplishments evidenced by publications/patents is required
- Solid background in Immunology/ Pharmacology is required
- Broad understanding of autoimmune disease pathophysiology and mechanistic in vivo modeling is required
- Preclinical modeling of autoimmune disease is preferred
- Proven drug hunting experience and advancing projects from concept to clinic is required