Inflammation Research Association Announces
Interactive Job Board Focused on Immunology and Inflammation Opportunities
Incyte – Postdoctoral Fellow – Pharmaceutical approaches to target GvHD
Department: Inflammation & Autoimmunity
Location: Incyte Corporate Headquarters, Wilmington, Delaware
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value. The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Postdoctoral Fellow – Pharmaceutical approaches to target GvHD
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Incyte Postdoctoral research program. The successful candidate will work in a highly interactive organization and be part of the Inflammation and Autoimmunity (IAI) team working with a broader cross-functional team of dedicated scientists to study the potential of targeting novel pathways as a therapy against GvHD using pre-clinical models and clinical samples.
The candidate will be strongly encouraged to attend and present the results of the research at major (inter)national conferences and to publish in high impact peer-review journals. He/she will have the opportunity to collaborate with various group across the discovery organization (including pharmacology, antibody therapeutics and translational sciences) and gain insights in the drug discovery and development process.
The position is for a 2 year contract, with the possibility for extension for an additional year.
- Strong scientific background with a Ph.D. and up to 2 years of post-doctoral experience associated with a demonstrated track record of performing excellent science.
- A strong immunology background is required, with previous GvHD and/or autoimmunity strongly preferred.
- Ability to independently design, execute and interpret research. Working knowledge of flow cytometry, animal models, proteomics and in vitro/ex vivo cell based assay is required.
- The candidate will need to be a dynamic and innovative scientist possessing:
- the ability to balance execution of multiple tasks to accomplish predefine goals
- a high level of emotional intelligence and willingness to work closely and collaboratively with other functional groups both internal and external to the company
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Start your application at https://www.incyte.com/join-us/careers